Saturday, October 30, 2010

Posting Great Pictures @#$%$!

According to the people in the forums on Etsy, great pictures (among a few other things) are a MUST for grabbing sales. As I sell very little on the website, I've been working diligently with my digital to perfect my photos. (Don't you just love alliteration?) So with my steampunk styles back from Virginia along with some new pieces my daughter made, I once again set up in my sunroom to try again for "great pictures".
Light is really important and I've found that a bright overcast day is usually the best. I've experimented with various settings on my camera and even have notes about what each setting looks like. But sometimes good ol' "automatic" just works best.

Anyway, this weekend I accidentally put the camera in "aperture priority settings". Suddenly the background was white, really white! I've seen pictures on Etsy that look like the ones I took this weekend but never knew how they happened. The Etsy gods must have taken pity on me deciding I'd never find the right setting myself.


On the left is an old picture.



On the right is a new, improved photo.






What do you think? The big question is will this influence sales.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo! I like the new photo!! Wait! What setting was that again?!......I better try that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Labels