Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Steampunk Teapots

As the journey continues I find myself halfway through another year of craft shows--7 down and 6 or 7 to go. Thus far it's been a great year with most of the shows considered successful. But the jewelry made of recycled materials is still outselling traditional jewelry. So I find myself once again creating inventory for 2 big shows coming up this month.

My hubby & I spent a day with my cousin Ellie & her family recently. We haven't seen each other in awhile so it was nice to get caught up. She showed me some work they had recently done on their house and we had hamburgers on the grill for dinner.

Ellie has a collection of teapots. They're beautiful and they're everywhere. So once I got home and sat down to make new jewelry pieces, I kept thinking about teapots. As a result we have steampunk teapots for our next show. I think they'll be a big hit!

My favorite (and I don't usually go for the large, industrial styles) is this one--





And I really don't make many bracelets. Charm bracelets seem to work best when you're working with recycled hardware. But I tried something different this week. Let me know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels