Sunday, February 21, 2010

Silver Clay Classes

I've been busy taking classes in silver metal clay. I made a few pieces last year and loved working with it and seeing my ideas become pendants and earrings that people really liked. So I wanted to learn more, develop some new techniques, see how the experts make things.

Lis-el, also an etsy seller, has a lovely gift shop & gallery in Windsor, CT. She is also licensed in metal clay and offers classes. A nice lady who is patient with students, she helped me create lentils and and use clay snakes in my designs.







I went home after the first Saturday class and just created all kinds of components to use in designs that have been in my head for awhile.

Fortunately I had loaded up on clay before the class so I had just enough for my Wednesday class on making rings.

Rings are hard and take practice. It took me so long that we didn't get to fire it before I went home. So when I get the finished product in the mail I'll post it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels