Sunday, February 21, 2010

Craft Show Application Angst

Ahhh, it's been awhile since I posted. But I've been pretty busy. I spent a lot of time on craft show applications. Some of them are pretty involved--artist's statements, essays on what motivates you, explanations of your artistic process, descriptions of the items in your submitted pictures. And, of course, there's the all important pictures that are clear, crisp, eye-popping, and show your work at its best. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

So I didn't get into the Crozet show despite agonizing over the Zapplication application. Maybe I'll try again next year but without knowing why I wasn't chosen, I'm not certain what else I can do. But the good news is that so far I'm accepted to Mattoon St. (one of my favorite shows), I got into Olde Wethersfield Craft Show at Cove Park, and I just got my acceptance letter for Celebrate West Hartford.

So far it's been a good start to the year. Hope to see you at one of these shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels