Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Moving Along

I seem to be writing more about jewelry than about the library these days. I guess it's a sign that I'm already moving on. Despite the lovely view outside our office, from windows I waited 37 years for, it's really not enough anymore. The library renovation is moving along too, finally. They've been talking about this for what seems like 8-10 years. Progress is slow in the state of Massachusetts.

So we had a meeting in what used to be the Acquisitions Dept. It's now bright and clean and freshly painted. It will be classroom space, I think, that we can also use for all staff meetings. They've divided it up into smaller spaces as well for Interlibrary Loan and the Mail Room. I hope they can eventually control the temperatures in there as it's pretty hot right now.






The meeting we had yesterday was an explanation of the next phase of the renovation--the elevators. This is major as there has occasionally been some safety concerns and they are long overdue to be replaced. This project is estimated to take 2 1/2 years as a little asbestos and some PCBs have to be removed first. One more reason why it's a good time to be moving on.

And as I headed home at 3pm today, I wondered if the tunnel (the back exit for many of us) will ever be renovated...or maybe just cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels