Sunday, June 27, 2010

Jan has Left the Building

It seems like only yesterday when I took a temporary job as secretary to the head of acquisitions at UMass. Going back to teaching wasn't in the cards so I just stayed on. But I went out with a great party, lunch at Bertucci's, and seats at an Adam Lambert concert. Two great days!
Judy organized a great "meet & greet" on Thursday with snacks and a beautiful cake. Talking to everyone I didn't get a chance to taste everything.
They came from the Science Library & the 4th floor.


And the staff from IRM was there, of course.



And even the maintenance guys showed up. I'll really miss the asparagus and corn Eddie brings in.

And my best friend, Linda, came to share my day and reconnect with people she used to work with.




Got a hug and clock from Jay.





It was great to see Mel & Irene who knew me as a child.







And the staff chipped in to get me a gift certificate to the Art & Soul Gallery in Windsor, CT. Lis-el sells silver clay and related equipment and gives classes. Sorry, Jay, that was better than the clock.


After the party, Linda & I left for Foxwoods. She bought us tickets to see Adam Lambert. What a great retirement & birthday gift!








I did come in on Friday though not long enough to do much more than turn in my keys before it was off to lunch at Bertucci's.









Thanks to everyone who helped with the events, who contributed to my gift, and who came to share my joy.


The job's all yours, Rebecca.


3 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how forlorn Rebecca looked on Friday afternoon!

    You will be missed, but we are all happy for you.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy... Pave the way for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sharon saw me sitting at your desk staring at your files on Friday. I think I'm going to leave them for Scott. I don't even know where to start. It's not going to be the same without you.

    ReplyDelete

Labels