Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week #3 -- Flickr Pt.2


100B5740
Originally uploaded by jansjems26
The assignment this lesson is to discuss my thoughts on any form of technology. As I've just spent an hour trying to get Flickr to talk to Google, I guess that's what's on my mind at the moment.

It required a great deal of patience (anyone who knows me knows I have this in short supply) and some genuine persistence to make the transfer of images work. The directions on Flickr were incorrect as the info you were supposed to see on Google didn't exist. I even found a forum complaining about this problem so I knew it wasn't just my lack of skill. Don't ask me where I finally found a page where I enabled google to accept Flickr pictures as I'll probably never be able to find it again. But it was not where it was supposed to be.

In any event, from this post you can see that I was able to download a picture of my husband and me in front of Montecello last week. It was a nice, relaxing vacation before a very long ride home.

As my plans for the future include designing and selling jewelry full time, any technology that helps me promote my product is important. And since pictures are the most important part of online sales, any technology that aids in the manipulation, download, and reconfiguration of photos will be very useful in that arena. While I dislike spending so much time on the computer and would rather be making jewelry, it's unavoidable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels