Sunday, February 13, 2011

Handmade with Love at Eastworks

Yesterday I sold at a small but very impressive craft show in Easthampton. It's February! What's wrong with me?? It's cold, it could snow. Well it did snow for about 20 minutes but mostly it was a bright, sunny day. And people came... many people... all day long.

Aviva of Sieberdesigns and Karen of Stargazer Studios organized this craft show in a large room on the first floor of Eastworks in Easthampton. There were 22 vendors, many of them members of the Artisans of Western Mass. The organizers managed to get sponsorship, gave out goodie bags to the first 50 people, and worked very hard to get the word out about the show.

I decided to do this first time show because I knew several of my friends were going to be selling there. It's always fun when you know the other vendors. We have a few laughs, get caught up and talk about things like the new technology for taking credit cards. So I had fun and was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who came out to support us. Best of all, I sold several pieces of steampunk and even a couple of my fine silver necklaces.

It was a great mix of crafts. I chatted all day with fine artists Diane Clancy and Susan Elkin in the next booth. Soapbaker was getting a lot of attention across the aisle from me as was Doobadoop with her colorful display. Noelle Horsfield's beautiful cut paper designs were hung on the opposite wall and I had a nice view of them. Katie Richardson brought her glass and metal work. I saw several customers walking around with Pop's biscotti and chocolates. Underhill House had knitted items and Zoe from Valley of the Doll had a great collection of altered art items and jewelry.





Congratulations to Karen & Aviva for hosting a great little craft fair. Looking forward to next year.









5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a successful day for everyone, including the customers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think we made more than a few customers happy. Too bad you're so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to all on a successfull show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good. We haven't got anything like this near us...probably just as well or I'd spend all Hubby's money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you had a good show in the "off-season". :-)

    ReplyDelete

Labels